Today (Sunday), we traveled to Vienna, Austria with 15 MAC students, the instructor and his family. We had to leave at 7:15am from the pension to make the 8:30am train. Another 4 1/2 hours on the train. Oh Joy!
Boy was it warm when we arrived. Many of the students changed into shorts and flip flops. Charles and I found something to eat and then just walked around. My first impression is that I´m not quite feeling Vienna like Prague or Berlin. But hey it´s all in the experience. I´ll be here until Wed., but I have a couple of events to attend with the MAC students.
No wireless in this hostel so I´m downstairs on paying for the internet. I´ll keep you posted the best that I can.
Hope things are well for you and thanks for still reading even without the pics. Again I promise I have some good stuff for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't give up on Vienna until you visit the Hofburg and the Opera house :) You are right, however, that Prague and Vienna have different vibes. I liked the Old World feel of Prague, but somehow Vienna was a little more regal. Perhaps it was the Hofburg and the fact that my hotel was across the street from the Schoenbronn Palace :)Anyway, I'm enjoying your blog... brings back such delightful memories... Until tomorrow, Kia
ReplyDeletePS -- I read your notes on Berlin. I didn't visit there, but your friend Charles is right on about bratwurst! Love the stuff. So, is Berlin someplace you'd go back to? Kia
ReplyDeleteHi Neice,
ReplyDeleteThe journey to Prague, Berlin,Vienna has been quite enjoyable for you and us. It has been great to read the excitemen in your notes. This is my second attempt to say hello and let you know that we are so very happy for you and interested in all that you do on this trip. Give our love to Charles. We were with your mother,grandmother, & Uncle Steve on yesterday. They are well. Aunt Net
Its Tiffany.... I know its been a few days but I have been keeping up. Glad Charles made it there ok and that you two are enjoying it all. Miss ya
ReplyDeleteBE EASY!!!!
You know your grandma started asking me questions about Vienna that sent me to her old encyclopedia. I left her a world map placemat to "show and tell," when she "brags" and gives thanks to God. I hope you have a pic of a boat for Uncle Bob and Aunt Net.I saw the Expedition under the bridge, but they were boating when I left today. Uncle Steve waxed my car. Uncle Richard brought fish that mom & I ate Sat. I brought some frozen fish home. Cooking kale from VA garden now in smoked turkey wings. Mom
ReplyDelete