Orientation went well and Dana did a great job giving us a tour of the area around the Institute (Old Town Square, New Town Hall, the market, local library, post office, best places to get/exchange money, etc). It was so helpful to have her point things out because on our own we probably would have not discovered things like this...
These are doors to a garage, but check out what the little circles are...
Little heads!After orientation, one of the students taking the Graphic Design studio and I went searching for something to eat. In our exploration, I saw many stores that I would like to peruse...including H&M (Penny, Troy, and Evette know what I mean). Anyway. We ended up at a restaurant very close to the Prague Castle. The meal consisted of a chicken broth vegetable soup, chicken steak (looked and tasted like chicken breast to me), fries, and something like a watery thin pancake folded with strawberry filling. I can't remember the Czech name. It was all very good.
We started heading back to the tram stop, but I didn't really know where I was without turning completely around. The student had just arrived on Saturday night so he hadn't ventured out and already said he didn't have the best sense of direction. Oh, brother! So we looked at a map and just when I was ready to turn around and back track my steps, I felt like I should try one more block up. Thank God it was right where I wanted to be! I felt like I had just found a pot of gold. I had my hands up like Rocky did when he reached the top of the stairs. I was clapping...quietly and really did say "Thank the Lord" out loud. Also, during this moment of excursion, the student pointed out to me that one of Soulja Boy's recent songs was playing on the radio in a store we walked by. Being that I'm not the biggest Soulja Boy fan, I thought "OMG, I can't even escape this guy in Prague." Too Much!
Well, the internet is down again today (yesterday also), so I'm actually typing this in Word so I can post it when the internet is available again. They say it should be fixed tomorrow (Monday). We'll see. Tomorrow is the first day of summer classes. I'll be at work just like you.
Here are some pictures from my walk today.





SO beautiful tameka! wouldnt you know you would find and H&M..go girl! I love that place and wish that i lived back in northern va so i could go frequently! :)
ReplyDeletei love reading your blog..i can so picture you doing all of this stuff. as for soulja boy..haha you are too much!
hope the first day of summer session is awesome!
(almost forgot!)
Amanda ;)
uchovávat snímky pocházející Keep the pictures coming! Now see what you have done. I am now using google translator to send you phrases in Czech.
ReplyDeleteMeka, our garage door could use some decor but not little heads. They are great discussion pieces for design folks. I'm glad you got time to explore like a child and a beautiful Sunday. That's in contrast to the much rain in Raleigh. Rain helped family garden in VA to grow though. I can visualize your taking care of work duties with a smile. Good customer service is valued worldwide. God and others are noticing. Great pics. By the time you are ready to leave, perhaps you could give tours for $. :-) Food sounds good. Looking forward to your cooking Czech food in USA. Mom
ReplyDeleteI think the 10x optical zoom camera was a good investment, all your pictures are great. For some reason I am not convinced that something you described as "a watery thin pancake folded with strawberry filling," was good. It has been chilly here the last couple of days so enjoy the nice weather.
ReplyDeleteBrandi :-)
great pics. sounds like you are having a blast. let me know if you pick up any new spellings of your name while in prague, tomakia.
ReplyDeleteHey TT,
ReplyDeleteH&M you go gurl! That's what I'm talking about. lol
Keep eating vegetarian you won't have to worry about those 2 lbs you want to lose.
Keep the pics coming and continue to take care of yourself.
Delt
You definately have a photographers eye. Are you available Oct 9th? Can't believe you SAW H&M and KEPT walking. What's wrong? You know that wouldn't have happened if I were there. So when do you plan on going?
ReplyDeleteCuzin'
What's da deal Chappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell Chucky I said hellooooo. Ha ha ha ha.......
ReplyDelete