No, my Czech is not improving, but I thought I'd teach you a little something on this FRIDAY morning. I slept really well last night. One of those sleeps were I was thinking "Oh no is that the alarm?". But I got up anyway, took a shower, dressed and went to breakfast. Breakfast this morning consisted of a boiled egg, and a piece of bread with peach jelly. Sounds like I'm back on my Dr. Ian diet right. HAHAHA! Honestly, it was very good. It held me until about 30 mins. ago. I think I'm going to a place called Country Life down the street from the institute and try the food. It's all vegetarian. I'm still trying to try new things instead of going for that good ol' pizza on the corner.
Last night we stayed at the institute until about 8:30pm. Then Dana asked me if I wanted to go and eat on a boat. I said sure, but my first thought was "Man, it's going be freezing, but I'm not going to pass up this experience." So we went to a botel. No, I didn't spell it wrong. BOTEL. I know some of you are like is that what I think it is? Well, if you're thinking hotel/motel on a boat. You're correct! There were rooms below and a restaurant up top. It was not outside, we actually ate inside, but of course could see the water through the window. Dana is a wonderful person and interesting to talk to. I had risotto con pollo. It was very good. Since it was my birthday I had to have some dessert. A baked apple with chocolate and a scoop of ice cream. Also very good. Ended the evening with a safe tram ride home.
If you look towards the bottom right you will see windows. Those are the rooms. Uh - I'll go back to the pension please. To that comforter K. Luu loves so much. : )
The world's largest castle - The Prague Castle. This picture was taken on the other side of the water. I'll do better later.Well again, I'm starving so I'm gonna run and get something to eat. We have to finish moving furniture and cleaning up in preparation for tomorrow and Sunday's orientation. I'll be here all day tomorrow and half day on Sunday. No problem. I'm used to being busy on the weekends and even working weekends. You know what I mean right Holly R., Marva, Pam, Cheryl, Delsey, and my R&R crew. We've all put in our time on Saturdays before. But I've never worked a Saturday in Prague. Just know I think the weather is warmer in Raleigh than it is here. Hope someone wears something cute this weekend. I'll be in long sleeves!
I'll still blog this weekend, but if you don't come back until Monday.
Enjoy the weekend! Much love. Later.

Good thing you're not sharing with anyone your apples and ice cream.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy! kluu
Thanks for the pics that help to tell your story. The food looks delicious. Recipes? 79 degrees here, cloudy with rain forecast weekend. Purchase warm items, if needed to stay healthy. I am eating pizza from an orientation with international students. God bless. Mom
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Tameka - you know where I am and what I am doing- yes at the Y with the Kids!!!
ReplyDelete